-   -   Selecting a Range using a variable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373856-selecting-range-using-variable.html)

Chris

Selecting a Range using a variable

I am using a For-Next loop to step through several rows of excel data. I
have set i to be the variable for the row number. When a given set of data
meets the criteria I have defined with an If-Then statement I would like to
select a Range of data in that row. My question is how do I select this
range? (Ex: ActiveSheet.Range("Ai:Di").Select obviously does not work. How
do I code the Range statement to select the cells between columns A and D of
row variable i?)

Die_Another_Day

Selecting a Range using a variable

Range("A" & i & ":D" & i).Select

HTH

Charles Chickering
Chris wrote:
I am using a For-Next loop to step through several rows of excel data. I
have set i to be the variable for the row number. When a given set of data
meets the criteria I have defined with an If-Then statement I would like to
select a Range of data in that row. My question is how do I select this
range? (Ex: ActiveSheet.Range("Ai:Di").Select obviously does not work. How
do I code the Range statement to select the cells between columns A and D of
row variable i?)

Dave Peterson

Selecting a Range using a variable

activesheet.range("a" & I).resize(1,4).select
or
activesheet.cells(i, "a").resize(1,4).select

could be used, too.

--

Dave Peterson