-   -   msgbox sounds (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373849-msgbox-sounds.html)

joeeng

msgbox sounds

I notice that when a msgbox is displayed, it plays a sound to alert the user.
Example:
Msgbox "Message"

However, when an answer is requested:

Answer = msgbox(prompt:="Get a response",buttons:=vbyesno)

the msgbox does not play a sound. Is there a way to get the answer msgbox
to play an alert sound?

Jim Cone

msgbox sounds

Add the sound...
Beep
Answer = msgbox(prompt:="Get a response",buttons:=vbyesno)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"joeeng"
wrote in message
I notice that when a msgbox is displayed, it plays a sound to alert the user.
Example:
Msgbox "Message"
However, when an answer is requested:
Answer = msgbox(prompt:="Get a response",buttons:=vbyesno)
the msgbox does not play a sound. Is there a way to get the answer msgbox
to play an alert sound?

Dave Peterson

msgbox sounds

beep
answer = msgbox(....

joeeng wrote:

I notice that when a msgbox is displayed, it plays a sound to alert the user.
Example:
Msgbox "Message"

However, when an answer is requested:

Answer = msgbox(prompt:="Get a response",buttons:=vbyesno)

the msgbox does not play a sound. Is there a way to get the answer msgbox
to play an alert sound?

--

Dave Peterson

joeeng

msgbox sounds

Thanks,
That works. I knew it had to be something simple like that.

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Add the sound...
Beep