-   -   Identifying embedded object # and location (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373718-identifying-embedded-object-location.html)

Barb Reinhardt

Identifying embedded object # and location

We have an embedded object in our worksheet at location say D18.
Programmatically, how do we identify what object is at that location. There
may be more than one embedded object on the worksheet so how would we address
that?

Thanks

Bernie Deitrick

Identifying embedded object # and location

Barb,

You could iterate through all the objects, perhaps, depending on the objects being shapes:

Sub FindD18Shape()
Dim mySh As Shape
For Each mySh In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If mySh.TopLeftCell.Address = "$D$18" Then
GoTo Found:
End If
Next mySh

Found:

MsgBox mySh.Name & " is at " & mySh.TopLeftCell.Address

End Sub

Or you could be more proactive when you insert your objects, and name them when they are inserted,
with names like "objD18"

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP