-   -   Ignore Blank Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373651-ignore-blank-cells.html)

Benz

Ignore Blank Cells

I have a code that copies a large range of cells from one workbood to
another, the problem is when I do this all blank cells when transfered = 0 .
Does anyone know what line of code will skip the blank cells of have them
transfered over blank.

Thank you to anyone that helps.

Tom Ogilvy

Ignore Blank Cells

Do you mean by linking

Instead of

=Sheet1!A1

use
=if(sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Tom Ogilvy

"Benz" wrote:

I have a code that copies a large range of cells from one workbood to
another, the problem is when I do this all blank cells when transfered = 0 .
Does anyone know what line of code will skip the blank cells of have them
transfered over blank.

Thank you to anyone that helps.

Benz

Ignore Blank Cells

No im not using a formula..... im refereing to a workbook other then the main
source wookbook. Heres what I have.

Sub File_In_Local_Folder()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
On Error Resume Next

'Call the macro GetRange

GetRange "C:\Documents and Settings\home\Desktop\taskTEST", "TASKS",
"A1:AB71", _
Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A1")

On Error GoTo 0
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Do you mean by linking

Instead of

=Sheet1!A1

use
=if(sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Tom Ogilvy

"Benz" wrote:

I have a code that copies a large range of cells from one workbood to
another, the problem is when I do this all blank cells when transfered = 0 .
Does anyone know what line of code will skip the blank cells of have them
transfered over blank.

Thank you to anyone that helps.

Tom Ogilvy

Ignore Blank Cells

I suspect your GetRange function is some modification of John Walkenbach's
getvalue function:

The problem is the same as the linking problem I described. However, I
doubt there is a simple fix you can use such as the one I have shown. You
could have your code put hard coded linking formulas into the spreadsheet
using the IF construct I have shown, then replace those formulas with the
results returned.

Tom Ogilvy

"Benz" wrote:

No im not using a formula..... im refereing to a workbook other then the main
source wookbook. Heres what I have.

Sub File_In_Local_Folder()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
On Error Resume Next

'Call the macro GetRange

GetRange "C:\Documents and Settings\home\Desktop\taskTEST", "TASKS",
"A1:AB71", _
Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A1")

On Error GoTo 0
Application.ScreenUpdating = True