-   -   Entering a hyphen (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373583-entering-hyphen.html)

kirkm[_6_]

Entering a hyphen

Hi, this must be a pretty basic question, please excuse
my lack of knowledge.

I right click a cell in Excel, select Format - Text.

Next double click the cell and enter a hyphen.

Excel adds stuff like "F28" after it.

Can I stop Excel doing that and have the cell accept any
character I want ?

Thanks - Kirk

Ron Rosenfeld

Entering a hyphen

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 14:07:05 +1200, kirkm
wrote:

Hi, this must be a pretty basic question, please excuse
my lack of knowledge.

I right click a cell in Excel, select Format - Text.

Next double click the cell and enter a hyphen.

Excel adds stuff like "F28" after it.

Can I stop Excel doing that and have the cell accept any
character I want ?

Thanks - Kirk

After you enter the hyphen, hit <enter instead of navigating away with another
click.

--ron

kirkm[_6_]

Entering a hyphen