-   -   Text Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373452-text-problem.html)

jk

Text Problem

I have a problem in my workbook that the cells will not accept the three
text digits of ACN but instead changes it to CAN.What could cause this to
happen?

Bob Phillips

Text Problem

Goto ToolsAutocorrect options...

scroll down the list, odds are there is an entry for ACN that gets changed
to CAN. delete it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"jk" wrote in message
I have a problem in my workbook that the cells will not accept the three
text digits of ACN but instead changes it to CAN.What could cause this to
happen?

Ron Coderre

Text Problem

From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<spelling tab
Click the [AutoCorrect Options...] button
Search the "Replace" list for ACN
Delete it from the list

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"jk" wrote:

I have a problem in my workbook that the cells will not accept the three
text digits of ACN but instead changes it to CAN.What could cause this to
happen?

semiopen

Text Problem

jk wrote:
I have a problem in my workbook that the cells will not accept the three
text digits of ACN but instead changes it to CAN.What could cause this to
happen?

That is an example of AutoCorrect. You can go to Tools Options
Spelling autocorrect options to play around with the settings. The
rule acn -can is one of the rules that can be deleted if need be. You
could turn off autocorrection all together if you want.

-semiopen