-   -   On Error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373428-error.html)

[email protected]

On Error

Hi,
I have a simple question,
I have a macro that replaces a sheet name in a row filled with links
according to a value in a column.
Sometimes, the sheet doesn't exists, and the replacement didnīt
occurs. And I have to verifie each link. Is there a way to delete the
row or to change the color of it or something?
Thanks

Gary''s Student

On Error

Rather than using on error or manula correction, why not "do something" only
if the wroksheet does exist. For example, a sheet name is stored in A1. We
only want to do something if the sheet actually exists:

Sub gsnu()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim v As String
v = Cells(1, 1).Value
For Each ws In Worksheets
If v = ws.Name Then
MsgBox ("found")
Exit Sub
End If
Next
MsgBox ("not found")
End Sub

Note the "found" message will occur only if there is a real sheet name in A1.
--
Gary's Student

" wrote:

Hi,
I have a simple question,
I have a macro that replaces a sheet name in a row filled with links
according to a value in a column.
Sometimes, the sheet doesn't exists, and the replacement didnÂīt
occurs. And I have to verifie each link. Is there a way to delete the
row or to change the color of it or something?
Thanks

[email protected]

On Error

Thanks,
What if I want to store the value that is not found and show it at the
end in a msgbox?