-   -   only a portion of my data is being imported to excel from access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373366-only-portion-my-data-being-imported-excel-access.html)

Kirsti

only a portion of my data is being imported to excel from access

I'm importing multiple, linked tables from an access database. All the tables
are coming into Excel and showing as the correct field names, but half of my
records are missing. I'm expecting over 700 and there are only just over 300.
Hope this makes sense, i'm a newby!
kirsti

Tom Ogilvy

only a portion of my data is being imported to excel from access

did you run the identical query in Access - did it return 700 records.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kirsti" wrote in message
I'm importing multiple, linked tables from an access database. All the
tables
are coming into Excel and showing as the correct field names, but half of
my
records are missing. I'm expecting over 700 and there are only just over
300.
Hope this makes sense, i'm a newby!
kirsti

Kirsti

only a portion of my data is being imported to excel from acce

Hi Tom, I just ran the identical query in Excel and Access and both are
bringing up the same info, the query should be bringing in all records
showing only a few specific fields but it's now showing only 632 of 721
records. This is not a parameter query and has no criteria listed.
Thanks,
Kirsti

"Kirsti" wrote in message
I'm importing multiple, linked tables from an access database. All the
tables
are coming into Excel and showing as the correct field names, but half of
my
records are missing. I'm expecting over 700 and there are only just over
300.
Hope this makes sense, i'm a newby!
kirsti

Tom Ogilvy

only a portion of my data is being imported to excel from acce

I don't know - I wouldn't expect them to be different if the query is the
same.

Tom Ogilvy