-   -   European Date does not work from a textbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373275-european-date-does-not-work-textbox.html)

Excel 009

European Date does not work from a textbox

I have my cells format in a sheet as European date (dd/mm/yyyy - UK).
When I typed the date in or used the code, cells(1,1) = #12/31/2006#,
to input the date, it converted very well. Cell A1 will show
31/12/2006 and it is a date value.

But when I used a userform to do the input, cell A1 showed 31/12/2006,
but it showed as a text not as a date. I also tried to use
Format(Me.textbox1, "dd/mm/yyyy;@"), but it still shown as a text.

Does anyone know how you can fix this? Thanks in advanced.

009

Bob Phillips

European Date does not work from a textbox

Try

CDate(Me.Textbox1.Value)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Excel 009" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have my cells format in a sheet as European date (dd/mm/yyyy - UK).
When I typed the date in or used the code, cells(1,1) = #12/31/2006#,
to input the date, it converted very well. Cell A1 will show
31/12/2006 and it is a date value.

But when I used a userform to do the input, cell A1 showed 31/12/2006,
but it showed as a text not as a date. I also tried to use
Format(Me.textbox1, "dd/mm/yyyy;@"), but it still shown as a text.

Does anyone know how you can fix this? Thanks in advanced.

009

Excel 009

European Date does not work from a textbox

Thank you so much, Bob. It works well. Why did I think of that?

009