-   -   Using a checkbox to activate/deactivate input option (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373239-using-checkbox-activate-deactivate-input-option.html)

Jacob

Using a checkbox to activate/deactivate input option

I have created a program using VBA and I am attempting to use a form
for my first time. I want to have a checkbox that when checked allows
users to input additional items into the form. by default I want the
box to be unchecked and those input boxes grayed out and disabled.
what is the best way to do this? thanks.

Die_Another_Day

Using a checkbox to activate/deactivate input option

In the userform code area, use the userform_initialize sub with code
like this:
CheckBox1.Value = False
In the CheckBox1_Change Event use code like this:
TextBox1.Enabled = Not(CheckBox1.Value)
TextBox3.Enabled = Not(CheckBox1.Value)

HTH

Charles

Jacob wrote:
I have created a program using VBA and I am attempting to use a form
for my first time. I want to have a checkbox that when checked allows
users to input additional items into the form. by default I want the
box to be unchecked and those input boxes grayed out and disabled.
what is the best way to do this? thanks.

Bob Phillips

Using a checkbox to activate/deactivate input option

add code like this to the form

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
With Me
If .CheckBox1.Value = True Then
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
.TextBox1.BackColor = &HFFFFFF
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
.TextBox2.BackColor = &HFFFFFF
End If
End With
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me
.CheckBox1.Value = False
.TextBox1.Enabled = False
.TextBox1.BackColor = &HC0C0C0
.TextBox2.Enabled = False
.TextBox2.BackColor = &HC0C0C0
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jacob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a program using VBA and I am attempting to use a form
for my first time. I want to have a checkbox that when checked allows
users to input additional items into the form. by default I want the
box to be unchecked and those input boxes grayed out and disabled.
what is the best way to do this? thanks.

Jacob

Using a checkbox to activate/deactivate input option

Thanks for the help. Chalres, I could not get yours to work. Bob, I
added an "else" to get the cells to revert to the default of gray and
disabled after being checked and unchecked. other than that, it
appears to be working perfectly.

thanks!

Private Sub CheckBoxShearEnv_Click()
With Me
If .CheckBoxShearEnv.Value = True Then
.TextBoxIncrement.Enabled = True
.TextBoxIncrement.BackColor = &HFFFFFF
.TextBoxStepSize.Enabled = True
.TextBoxStepSize.BackColor = &HFFFFFF

Else
.CheckBoxShearEnv.Value = False
.TextBoxIncrement.Enabled = False
.TextBoxIncrement.BackColor = &HC0C0C0
.TextBoxStepSize.Enabled = False
.TextBoxStepSize.BackColor = &HC0C0C0

End If
End With
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm1_Initialize()
With Me

Bob Phillips wrote:
add code like this to the form

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
With Me
If .CheckBox1.Value = True Then
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
.TextBox1.BackColor = &HFFFFFF
.TextBox1.Enabled = True
.TextBox2.BackColor = &HFFFFFF
End If
End With
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me
.CheckBox1.Value = False
.TextBox1.Enabled = False
.TextBox1.BackColor = &HC0C0C0
.TextBox2.Enabled = False
.TextBox2.BackColor = &HC0C0C0
End With

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jacob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a program using VBA and I am attempting to use a form
for my first time. I want to have a checkbox that when checked allows
users to input additional items into the form. by default I want the
box to be unchecked and those input boxes grayed out and disabled.
what is the best way to do this? thanks.

Bob Phillips

Using a checkbox to activate/deactivate input option

I wondered if you would want them to revert <g

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...