-   -   The name of the textbox in userform keeps disappearing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373198-name-textbox-userform-keeps-disappearing.html)

Excel 009

The name of the textbox in userform keeps disappearing

I created a userform which has several textboxes. I rename the boxes
from the default names, "textbox1", "textbo2"..., .., to "txtName" for
example. But every time when I run the form, the names kept going back
to textbox1", "textbo2"...!

I am using Excel 2003, but saved the file in Execl 97 to 2003 format.
Anyone got any idea on why this happened and how to fix it?

009

Tom Ogilvy

The name of the textbox in userform keeps disappearing

Did you change the names in the property window for each textbox in the VBE
and then save the file afterwards?

Tom Ogilvy

"Excel 009" wrote in message
ups.com...
I created a userform which has several textboxes. I rename the boxes
from the default names, "textbox1", "textbo2"..., .., to "txtName" for
example. But every time when I run the form, the names kept going back
to textbox1", "textbo2"...!

I am using Excel 2003, but saved the file in Execl 97 to 2003 format.
Anyone got any idea on why this happened and how to fix it?

009

Excel 009

The name of the textbox in userform keeps disappearing

Yes, I did. It happened like 4 times when the names changed.
Everytime when that happened, I need to close the file and then reopen.
Right now, it seems running Ok. But similar thing happened before
like the control in the form disappeared after the file was saved and
reopen. All this happened when I saved the file into a lower version.

Tom Ogilvy

The name of the textbox in userform keeps disappearing

Only Excel 97 and later supported userform. don't save it in a lower
version.

Excel 97 to Excel 2003 uses one file format, so saving as normal should
suffice.

Tom Ogilvy

"Excel 009" wrote:

Yes, I did. It happened like 4 times when the names changed.
Everytime when that happened, I need to close the file and then reopen.
Right now, it seems running Ok. But similar thing happened before
like the control in the form disappeared after the file was saved and
reopen. All this happened when I saved the file into a lower version.

Excel 009

The name of the textbox in userform keeps disappearing

Hi Tom,

You mean if I saved the file in 2003 (by default without specify any
version), it can be used in Excel 97 or up?

009