-   -   How to delete Excel worksheet using VBA without delete dialog? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/373020-how-delete-excel-worksheet-using-vba-without-delete-dialog.html)

cocalico22

How to delete Excel worksheet using VBA without delete dialog?

In my VBA macro, I delete a worksheet. A dialog displays asking if I really
want to delete the worksheet. The answer is always yes therefore I do not
want the user to have to click the Delete button so the macro can continue.
Is there any way to turn off this "feature"?

Ron de Bruin

How to delete Excel worksheet using VBA without delete dialog?

Hi cocalico22

You can use DisplayAlerts

Sub DeleteActiveSheet()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveSheet.Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"cocalico22" wrote in message ...
In my VBA macro, I delete a worksheet. A dialog displays asking if I really
want to delete the worksheet. The answer is always yes therefore I do not
want the user to have to click the Delete button so the macro can continue.
Is there any way to turn off this "feature"?

Dave Peterson

How to delete Excel worksheet using VBA without delete dialog?

application.displayalerts = false
'delete the sheet code here

--

Dave Peterson

Charles Chickering

How to delete Excel worksheet using VBA without delete dialog?

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Worksheets("Sheet1").Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"cocalico22" wrote:

In my VBA macro, I delete a worksheet. A dialog displays asking if I really
want to delete the worksheet. The answer is always yes therefore I do not
want the user to have to click the Delete button so the macro can continue.
Is there any way to turn off this "feature"?

Rich J[_2_]

How to delete Excel worksheet using VBA without delete dialog?

put this line in front of your group of code that deletes the worksheet

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

then put this after

Application.DisplayAlerts = True

I think that should take care of it.