-   -   Worksheet_Change from a validated list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372996-worksheet_change-validated-list.html)

JonR

Worksheet_Change from a validated list

Hi

I'm trying to program a sheet to automatically refresh (run a refresh macro)
whenever the value of cell D5 is updated. D5 is set up as a validated list,
where the allowed values are a list of dates. A drop-down list enables the
desired date.

Here's what I have so far. For some reason, the code doesn't execute when a
new value is selected in the drop-down.

Application.EnableEvents = False

Refresh 'macro that updates & sorts the information on the page

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Thanks in Advance

JonR

Bob Phillips

Worksheet_Change from a validated list

Excel 97?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JonR" wrote in message
Hi

I'm trying to program a sheet to automatically refresh (run a refresh

macro)
whenever the value of cell D5 is updated. D5 is set up as a validated

list,
where the allowed values are a list of dates. A drop-down list enables

the
desired date.

Here's what I have so far. For some reason, the code doesn't execute when

new value is selected in the drop-down.

Application.EnableEvents = False

Refresh 'macro that updates & sorts the information on the page

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Thanks in Advance

JonR

JonR

Worksheet_Change from a validated list

Excel 2000, running on XPPro

JonR

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel 97?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JonR" wrote in message
Hi

I'm trying to program a sheet to automatically refresh (run a refresh

macro)
whenever the value of cell D5 is updated. D5 is set up as a validated

list,
where the allowed values are a list of dates. A drop-down list enables

the
desired date.

Here's what I have so far. For some reason, the code doesn't execute when

new value is selected in the drop-down.

Application.EnableEvents = False

Refresh 'macro that updates & sorts the information on the page

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Thanks in Advance

JonR

excelexpert1973

Worksheet_Change from a validated list

Hi

DOnt know if this will solve your problrm but here goes.

If I understand you right, D5 gets updated on the basis of a dropdown
list. If you create this dropdown list using a "combobox" provided in
the forms toolbar and assign your macro to that, the sheet should
refresh.

Hope it helps.

Prasad

JonR wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to program a sheet to automatically refresh (run a refresh macro)
whenever the value of cell D5 is updated. D5 is set up as a validated list,
where the allowed values are a list of dates. A drop-down list enables the
desired date.

Here's what I have so far. For some reason, the code doesn't execute when a
new value is selected in the drop-down.

Application.EnableEvents = False

Refresh 'macro that updates & sorts the information on the page

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Thanks in Advance

JonR

NickHK[_3_]

Worksheet_Change from a validated list

Then validation triggers a WorkSheet_Change event.
Unless events have been disabled. Maybe due to a partial running of your
code ?
We are talking about Excel's Data Validation ?

NickHK

"JonR" ...

Excel 2000, running on XPPro

JonR

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel 97?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JonR" wrote in message
Hi

I'm trying to program a sheet to automatically refresh (run a refresh

macro)
whenever the value of cell D5 is updated. D5 is set up as a validated

list,
where the allowed values are a list of dates. A drop-down list enables

the
desired date.

Here's what I have so far. For some reason, the code doesn't execute
when

new value is selected in the drop-down.

Application.EnableEvents = False

Refresh 'macro that updates & sorts the information on the page

Application.EnableEvents = True

End Sub

Thanks in Advance

JonR

JonR

Worksheet_Change from a validated list

Thanks Nick,

I closed the file and re-opened it. That seemed to reset whatever was
hanging up. It works now.
--

JonR

"NickHK" wrote:

Then validation triggers a WorkSheet_Change event.
Unless events have been disabled. Maybe due to a partial running of your
code ?
We are talking about Excel's Data Validation ?

NickHK

"JonR" ...

Excel 2000, running on XPPro

JonR