Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2 nice requests

Hello Group,

I have two somehow interesting problems, which I don't see how to start
coding:

- We are a small group working with the same shared excel book. About 2
or 3 users do introduce data, and the rest just read it. Excel has an
option to automatically read/save updates, with a minimum interval time
of 5 minutes. My question is: is it possible to modify this minimum
time and low it to every 1 minute or even 30 seconds? And is there a
way so to force excel to save changes every time a user introduces or
changes a value, so when the rest of the users do update the book,
could see all changes? As far a I know, if values are changed, until
this workbook is saved, the changes are not available for the rest.

- On the other side, quite all the data we should introduce into the
workbook are received via email or a similar messaging program we do
have. For every message, a small plain .txt file is created. A macro
reads them and introduces the values into the workbook. The problem is
that this macro has to be manually executed at regular intervals. I
know there are instructions in .net which monitor a specific directory
for changes, and that actions can be triggered according to them. Is
there any way to use that/those instructions into Excel VBA?

Many thanks for your time, even just reading this.

Best Regards from Mallorca, Spain
Hans