-   -   Sending email from Excel with a twist (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372794-sending-email-excel-twist.html)

Scratch

Sending email from Excel with a twist

I was reading the threads regarding sending spreadsheets, etc. from
Excel when you make changes and think I have a handle on it (more like
a very loose grip!), but what I am trying to figure out is if it's
possible to send a link to the file, instead. The file is on a server,
and the only recipients would be people on the same server, so there
won't be a problem with them accessing it. Is there a way to do this?

Gary Keramidas

Sending email from Excel with a twist

i do it in outlook express, here's part of the code. the recipients are stored
in an array, the msg is a path to the file and msg2 comes from a textbox the
user fills out:

' populate the email addresses
msg = "\\mi01admin\private$\vacation\"
Recipient = arr(1, 1)
For i = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1
Recipientcc = arr(i, 1) & ";" & Recipientcc
Next
Recipientbcc = ""

Subj = "Vacation calendar has been updated by " &
Application.Proper(Environ("UserName"))
HLink = "mailto:" & Recipient & "?" & "cc=" & Recipientcc & "&" & "bcc=" &
Recipientbcc & "&"
HLink = HLink & "subject=" & Subj & "&"
HLink = HLink & "body=" & Application.Proper(msg2) & " " & msg
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink (HLink)

--

Gary

"Scratch" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was reading the threads regarding sending spreadsheets, etc. from
Excel when you make changes and think I have a handle on it (more like
a very loose grip!), but what I am trying to figure out is if it's
possible to send a link to the file, instead. The file is on a server,
and the only recipients would be people on the same server, so there
won't be a problem with them accessing it. Is there a way to do this?

Ron de Bruin

Sending email from Excel with a twist

If you use Outlook code try this

..Body = "file://Yourcomputer/YourFolder/Week2.xls"

If there are spaces use %20
..Body = "file://Yourcomputer/YourFolder/Week%202.xls"

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Scratch" wrote in message oups.com...
I was reading the threads regarding sending spreadsheets, etc. from
Excel when you make changes and think I have a handle on it (more like
a very loose grip!), but what I am trying to figure out is if it's
possible to send a link to the file, instead. The file is on a server,
and the only recipients would be people on the same server, so there
won't be a problem with them accessing it. Is there a way to do this?

Scratch

Sending email from Excel with a twist

Thanks, Gary and Ron. I'll give that a go.

Cheers