-   -   macro to save named range as text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372747-macro-save-named-range-text.html)

GFN

macro to save named range as text

Is there a way to save a named range as a text file. I have only found how
to save a worksheet as a text file.

Bob Phillips

macro to save named range as text

How about creating a new sheet, copy the named range to that sheet, then
saving it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"GFN" wrote in message
Is there a way to save a named range as a text file. I have only found

how
to save a worksheet as a text file.

JLGWhiz

macro to save named range as text

If you have other data that you need to save on the same sheet, just Select
the range you want to save as text and use the formatcellsNumber tab and
under Categories, click on text. If other users require that range as other
than text then you will need to Save As another filename so the original file
will still be available to other users.

"GFN" wrote:

Is there a way to save a named range as a text file. I have only found how
to save a worksheet as a text file.

Halim

macro to save named range as text

Hi,
this is create new txt file in c:\ :
Sub texte()
Dim Mytxt
Mytxt = FreeFile
Open "C:\myxtx.txt" For Append As #Mytxt
For Each rng In Range("rng2")
If rng.Value < "" Then Print #Mytxt, rng.Value
Next rng
Close #Mytxt
End Sub

but not the same text possition of columns
it is row based.

Halim