-   -   no sheet in workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372689-no-sheet-workbook.html)

--== Alain ==--

no sheet in workbook

Hi,

I would like to have a workbook with no sheet at the beginning.
for now, i have at least 1 sheet.
How can i do to force my actual workbook (thisworkbook) to have no sheet
when it starts ?

when I open my workbook, it displays automatically the main form.

ALain

NickHK

no sheet in workbook

Alain,
You cannot.
It must have at least 1 sheet, although the sheet can be a Chart or Macro
sheet instead of a Worksheet.

NickHK

"--== Alain ==--" wrote in message

I would like to have a workbook with no sheet at the beginning.
for now, i have at least 1 sheet.
How can i do to force my actual workbook (thisworkbook) to have no sheet
when it starts ?

when I open my workbook, it displays automatically the main form.

ALain

Bob Phillips

no sheet in workbook

What is the reason for needing that? I ask as there may be an alternative
solution as you can't have 0 sheets as Nick points out.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"--== Alain ==--" wrote in message

I would like to have a workbook with no sheet at the beginning.
for now, i have at least 1 sheet.
How can i do to force my actual workbook (thisworkbook) to have no sheet
when it starts ?

when I open my workbook, it displays automatically the main form.

ALain

Carlo

no sheet in workbook

Hi Alain

what you could do is this:

'--------------------------------
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWindow.Visible = False
End Sub
'--------------------------------
But as the other stated, i don't know why would want
to have that!

Cheers Carlo

PS: Don't forget to set it to visible again afterwards

"--== Alain ==--" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to have a workbook with no sheet at the beginning.
for now, i have at least 1 sheet.
How can i do to force my actual workbook (thisworkbook) to have no sheet
when it starts ?

when I open my workbook, it displays automatically the main form.

ALain

Buffyslay

no sheet in workbook

or...

if you have a form - you could make it modal and have the sheet sized
and hidden behind it?

Hi,

I would like to have a workbook with no sheet at the beginning.
for now, i have at least 1 sheet.
How can i do to force my actual workbook (thisworkbook) to have no

sheet
when it starts ?

when I open my workbook, it displays automatically the main form.

ALain

--== Alain ==--

no sheet in workbook

the reason is that in my main form i display all existing sheets.
therefore as minimum 1 sheet must be available i need to hide it from
user's eyes.

for that, i can delete it or hide it via a command.
as i did not find a command which can hide it, i was thinking to delete it.