-   -   Popup Comment Box if a Certain Condition is Met (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372668-popup-comment-box-if-certain-condition-met.html)

[email protected]

Popup Comment Box if a Certain Condition is Met

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to set up a spreadsheet so if a certain condition is
met, a comment box will pop up asking for feedback. For example, if a
machine is running at less than 90% capacity, I'd like a comment box
pop up or a row to open up below the 90% to give room for the user to
enter a reason for going below 90% I don't know if something like this
is even possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Chad

FunkySquid

Popup Comment Box if a Certain Condition is Met

Hi Chad,

If you insert a module in the Visual Basic Editor and paste this code
in:

Public Function ShowInputBox()
ShowInputBox = InputBox("Please enter the reason for going below 90%.",
"Feedback...")
End Function

then you can reference this in a cell by using a formula like:
=IF(A1<90%, ShowInputBox(), "")

Hope this helps.

FunkySquid

wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Is there a way to set up a spreadsheet so if a certain condition is
met, a comment box will pop up asking for feedback. For example, if a
machine is running at less than 90% capacity, I'd like a comment box
pop up or a row to open up below the 90% to give room for the user to
enter a reason for going below 90% I don't know if something like this
is even possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Chad

[email protected]

Popup Comment Box if a Certain Condition is Met

Thanks for the help!

-Chad