-   -   Events not triggering (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372611-events-not-triggering.html)

Greg Wetzel

Events not triggering

Excel 2003 events are not triggering, even though
Application.Eventsenabled=True. This is happening in all workbooks. Can't
figure out why, any ideas?
Even with security low....
Thanks.

Greg

Bernie Deitrick

Events not triggering

Greg,

Check all your event code in all workbooks. A common mistake is to turn enableevents = falsxe at
the start of a procedure and forget to turn it back on at the finish, or to not handle errors
correctly.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Greg Wetzel" wrote in message
Excel 2003 events are not triggering, even though
Application.Eventsenabled=True. This is happening in all workbooks. Can't
figure out why, any ideas?
Even with security low....
Thanks.

Greg

Tom Ogilvy

Events not triggering

the test is

Application.EnableEvents = True

Generally when events don't work, they are disabled. It would be hard to
believe your version of excel is unique.

Tom Ogilvy

"Greg Wetzel" wrote:

Excel 2003 events are not triggering, even though
Application.Eventsenabled=True. This is happening in all workbooks. Can't
figure out why, any ideas?
Even with security low....
Thanks.

Greg

Greg Wetzel

Events not triggering

Thanks Tom. Actually my version was unique, as in corrupted. Your comment
got me thinking, and I re-registered excel uning /regserv switch, and that
fixed the problem. Thanks.

Greg

"Greg Wetzel" wrote:

Excel 2003 events are not triggering, even though
Application.Eventsenabled=True. This is happening in all workbooks. Can't
figure out why, any ideas?
Even with security low....
Thanks.

Greg

Dave Peterson

Events not triggering

Just a comment...

I don't understand how reregistering excel (to update the windows registry)
would fix your problem. I'm gonna guess that something else got fixed (a
workbook with the problem wasn't loaded????).

I'd keep my eye out for a recurrence of the problem.

--

Dave Peterson