-   -   ActiveX Error 429, "Can't create object" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372535-activex-error-429-cant-create-object.html)

Doc Rock

ActiveX Error 429, "Can't create object"

In running a VBA process in Excell2000 to query an Access database, I
get this error on some machines, but not others. In perusing the
internet, I have come across various "fixes", but nothing seems specific
to Excel, mostly VB5 and VB6.
Do I need to do something on my target machines to re-register some dll
or ocx?
I can post the offending code if you want.

Thanks

Doc Rock

Dave Patrick

ActiveX Error 429, "Can't create object"

This article may help.

Alt F11, Tools|References and look for something marked as 'MISSING' also
check that an Add In isn't missing.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Doc Rock" wrote:
| In running a VBA process in Excell2000 to query an Access database, I
| get this error on some machines, but not others. In perusing the
| internet, I have come across various "fixes", but nothing seems specific
| to Excel, mostly VB5 and VB6.
| Do I need to do something on my target machines to re-register some dll
| or ocx?
| I can post the offending code if you want.
|
| Thanks
|
| Doc Rock

Doc Rock

ActiveX Error 429, "Can't create object"

Thanks, I'll look at it. Does VBA in Excel 2000 equate to VB 6.0?

Dave Patrick wrote:
This article may help.

Alt F11, Tools|References and look for something marked as 'MISSING' also
check that an Add In isn't missing.

Dave Patrick

ActiveX Error 429, "Can't create object"

That's a pretty general statement but for the most part yes.