-   -   how to use a knob or level slider in microsoft excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372304-how-use-knob-level-slider-microsoft-excel.html)

Judge

how to use a knob or level slider in microsoft excel

I have a little training in vb and its apllication in microsoft excel. i need
to know how to tie a knob or a level slider into microsoft excel.
also i can't get a Microsoft COmmon DIalog control added to my spreadsheet.

Pls Help. Thanks

Bernard Liengme

how to use a knob or level slider in microsoft excel

For the first part: do you want to have a slider which when moved alters the
value in a cell?
Use View | Toolbars | Forms and drag the slider onto the worksheet; size and
position it
Right click the slider and give the box "cell link" a cell reference such as
A1
Set the Min and Max values as needed

If you want decimal values: click cell to A1 then in A2 use =A1/100 for
example

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Judge" wrote in message
I have a little training in vb and its apllication in microsoft excel. i
need
to know how to tie a knob or a level slider into microsoft excel.
also i can't get a Microsoft COmmon DIalog control added to my
spreadsheet.

Pls Help. Thanks

NickHK

how to use a knob or level slider in microsoft excel

For the MS control, it works for me, but I don't know what you mean by
"can't get" ?
You can use Application.GetOpenFileName/GetSaveAsFileName instead in you
code, then you do not need this control at all.

NickHK