-   -   More detail on dynamic combo box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/372228-more-detail-dynamic-combo-box.html)

Christopher

More detail on dynamic combo box

I would like to create a dynamic source combo box, much like the continent
-- country combo box in the xldynamic.com example. I have 10 series of
coded machine motions/movements to choose from. When the user chooses the
series, they should get a list of numbered 'names' for the coded movements.
When they choose that movement's 'name', I would like the actual code for
that movement to appear in a specified cell on the worksheet for further
processing (decoding and drawing, which I've already figured out).

In order to make this work, I've set up machine codes page to have each
series in a vertical pair. This gives me 10 pairs of columns with the names
in one and the actual code in the next. Because of the limitation of the
machine, I will never have more than 10 series of codes, so I don't need the
first combo box to be populated dynamically, just the second.

Any help would be greatly appreciated--including suggestions on better
layout of the data (although I would like to keep that name beside the code
to make it easier to add new combinations).