-   -   DisplayAlerts not working? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371879-displayalerts-not-working.html)

Aaron

DisplayAlerts not working?

Hi,
Can someone possibly explain what's happening with this:
Worksheets(1).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

This appears to work on occasions - as in, I have the same piece of code
several places, and some of the sheets are deleted without confirmation, some
need confirmation. Anyone any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Jim Thomlinson

DisplayAlerts not working?

You need to turn alerts off prior to the code that will generate the alert
and then be darned sure to turn it back on again when the code completes...

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Worksheets(1).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Aaron" wrote:

Hi,
Can someone possibly explain what's happening with this:
Worksheets(1).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

This appears to work on occasions - as in, I have the same piece of code
several places, and some of the sheets are deleted without confirmation, some
need confirmation. Anyone any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Bob Umlas

DisplayAlerts not working?

Switch the order:

"Aaron" wrote in message
Can someone possibly explain what's happening with this:
Worksheets(1).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = False

This appears to work on occasions - as in, I have the same piece of code
several places, and some of the sheets are deleted without confirmation,

some
need confirmation. Anyone any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Aaron

DisplayAlerts not working?

Ah thanks, that would explain why it works sometimes and not others as well!