Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a custom formatting Macro

Hello,

I am trying to create a macro that will custom format cells within a
range I have selected based on the contents of the cells. I get some
rather ugly output from a database in excel, and want to make it a bit
more readable (make specific rows different formats to show sub-totals
etc). All of my formatting will be based on the left-most cell (for
example, if the row starts with a *, then I want all of the data in the
range I select to be bold).

I would just use conditional formatting, but the end goal is to be able
to use this on any range of data quickly, conditional formatting cannot
be applied like that. I plan to make this so whenever I hit some key
combination yet to be decided it runs on my selected data and formats
as such.

Any ideas as to how I could go about doing this would be greatly
appreciated.

Lance