-   -   ADO recordset XML format for globalization (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371696-ado-recordset-xml-format-globalization.html)

Gail Hurn

ADO recordset XML format for globalization

I am trying to load an ADO recordset that is stored in the ADO recordset xml
format into a PivotTable. It all works fine as long as I am using English.

However, the source for the ADO xml formats the data using the system's
region numeric formating. For example, if I am running with the locale set
to German I end up with a column value set to "12345,6" instead of "12345.6".
When the ADO columns are not using English formatting, I get an error when
I set PivotCache.Recordset to the ADODB.Recordset. This error occurs even on
that has German set as the locale.

Does the XML for the ADO recordset have to use English formatting? Is there
an attribute or something we could add to the xml identifying the locale that
was used to generate the XML? If we always use English formatting for the
ADO recordset XML would it work for all locales including Japanese?