-   -   UnauthorisedAccessException (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371570-unauthorisedaccessexception.html)

Avadhoot

UnauthorisedAccessException

Hi,

I have created a project in ASP.Net. An excel sheet should open when an user
clicks on a button. Although, i could successfully do that, i decided to
create a new thread for it.

So I created a new thread, and wrote the code to interact with Excel PIA's
inside the new thread.

But I get the UnauthorisedAccessException when a new Excel.Application
object is instantiated.

Is there a method to provide authorisation to a new thread.

Thanks in advance.

NickHK[_3_]

UnauthorisedAccessException

Everyone trying to use .Net with Excel and multi-threading, seems to causes
difficulties for themselves.
The easier way is stick with all the Excel code in a single thread.
Otherwise maybe microsoft.public.excel.sdk or an Interop NG can help you.

NickHK