-   -   Error opening another excel file using vba (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371451-error-opening-another-excel-file-using-vba.html)

Rob Moore

Error opening another excel file using vba

I have created a macro that opens another excel file (prices.xls) copies
several cells, closes the file and then pastes data into my original file
(estimate.xls). When prices.xls is located on my hard drive it works fine.
However when I try to put it on a server (where it needs to be in production)
I get a 'run-time error 424'. Here is the code that I use for both.

Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\Prices.xls"
Wookbooks.Open Filename:="\\server\shared\estimating\prices.xls"

Thanks

stevebriz

Rob Moore wrote:
I have created a macro that opens another excel file (prices.xls) copies
several cells, closes the file and then pastes data into my original file
(estimate.xls). When prices.xls is located on my hard drive it works fine.
However when I try to put it on a server (where it needs to be in production)
I get a 'run-time error 424'. Here is the code that I use for both.

Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\Prices.xls"
Wookbooks.Open Filename:="\\server\shared\estimating\prices.xls"

Thanks

here is and idea.
What about mapping a drive to the server and then trying that path..??