-   -   Refreshing web query that is password protected (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371400-refreshing-web-query-password-protected.html)

Craig

Refreshing web query that is password protected

I am trying to refresh a web query that is located on a password protected
site. I am trying to use sendkeys to send the login and password to the
prompt that comes up (see below code). However the sendkey application is
not inputing the information into the prompt. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Application.SendKeys "LOGIN" & "{TAB}" & "PASSWORD" & "{ENTER}", True
Sheets("sheet1").QueryTables("14946_10").Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

NickHK

Refreshing web query that is password protected

Craig,
If you know the format of the URL that is sent to the server when {ENTER}is
clicked, use .PostText to send that.
e.g. querytable.posttext="?Login=xxxx&Password=whatever "

Or something like that.

NickHK