-   -   Need to convert Characters between Unicode and ANSI (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371390-need-convert-characters-between-unicode-ansi.html)

FcoMariscal

Need to convert Characters between Unicode and ANSI

I have an Excel File with about 2,000 text in English, we found a person that
is going to act as a russian translator, then she is going to put in each
adyacent cell the corresponding russian translation of my texts.

Then I need to READ this text and store them on a SQL-Server DataBase as
text, I have problems with this because if I use the someCell.Value and store
that on my database, I obtain nothing but "????????", then when I use this
information later to show an HTML showing this information, it doesnt contain
Russian characters (I am using UTF-8 encoding on my web pages).

Another issue is that I need to remake this Excel File with my English and
russian text, in order that my Translator can update them according to my
modifications in english, but I don't know how to put the russian characters
(Stored as ascii characters), back to my Excel workbook.

Can somebody Helpme.
I read something about the chrW, ascW, midB, lenB, but I really didnĀ“t
undesrtood at all.

Thanks for any help