-   -   Class Module? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371334-class-module.html)

Steve

Class Module?

I have a userform that takes the user input, passes it to a worksheet where
the calculations are performed, then presents the results back to the
userform. To do this, I have two Sub Routines placed in a Module. They are
"UpdateCalculationsSheet" & "UpdateUserform".

For each control on the userform, I have placed an "AfterUpdate" Event. In
each "AfterUpdate" routine, I write:

Call UpdateCalculationsSheet
Call UpdateUserform

Instead of doing this for every single control on the userform, is there a
way I can write a SINGLE event for all controls on a userform? I'm not
familiar with class modules. I thought that might be the solution.

Ideally, I just want a Routine that is, Sub Userform_AfterUpdate(), but I
know this doesn't exist.

Thanks!
Steve

Bob Phillips

Class Module?

Unfortunately you don't get an AfterUpdate event with application events in
this manner, not even an Exit event

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"steve" wrote in message
[...]

Die_Another_Day

Class Module?

See if this info from J-Walk helps any.

Charles
steve wrote:
[...]

so my only option is to place an event for each control?

"steve" wrote in message
[...]

Tom Ogilvy

Class Module?

Yes, that is the bottom line to the best of my knowledge.

Tom Ogilvy

"steve" wrote in message
[...]

That won't work for afterupdate (or exit or beforeupdate or enter)

Only events native to the control - not those provided by the container.

Tom Ogilvy