-   -   Public Const to refer to a range name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371275-public-const-refer-range-name.html)

TimT

Public Const to refer to a range name

Can this be done??
I'm trying to set this up and I'm having trouble.
Keep getting a compile error: Constant expression required.

Option Explicit

Public Const CDLoc = Range("CDFLoc").Value

Jake Marx[_3_]

Public Const to refer to a range name

Hi Tim,

TimT wrote:
Can this be done??
I'm trying to set this up and I'm having trouble.
Keep getting a compile error: Constant expression required.

Option Explicit

Public Const CDLoc = Range("CDFLoc").Value

No - a constant truly has to be static or constant. You could either use a
public variable or a public function that returns what you're looking for:

Public Function gsGetCDLoc() As String
gsGetCDLoc = Range("CDFLoc").Value
End Function

But at that point, you may as well write out the Range and the .Value
everywhere. I would suggest using a public constant for "CDFLoc" however -
that way, if your range name ever changes, you only have one place to change
it in your code.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com