-   -   find word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/371252-find-word.html)

Ron

find word

Hi all,

i have a worksheet containing rows of jobs and their respective
descriptions. In some instances, where the job description says 'Pump
Replacement' I would like to insert the words 'high prioirity' in an
additional cell at the end of the row. Sometimes there are numbers or other
words before or after the job description so I need to search fot the term
'pump description' as opposed to using instr or LEFT functions.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Regards

Die_Another_Day

find word

In a cell formula:
=IF(ISERROR(FIND("Pump Replacement",A1)),"","High Priority")

In VB
If InStr(1,Range("A1"),"Pump Replacement") 0 Then
'Found
Else
'Not Found
End If

Charles

Ron wrote:
Hi all,

i have a worksheet containing rows of jobs and their respective
descriptions. In some instances, where the job description says 'Pump
Replacement' I would like to insert the words 'high prioirity' in an
additional cell at the end of the row. Sometimes there are numbers or other
words before or after the job description so I need to search fot the term
'pump description' as opposed to using instr or LEFT functions.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Regards

Ron

find word