-   -   Convert Binary to Hex (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370994-convert-binary-hex.html)

Chipmunk

Convert Binary to Hex

How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Barb Reinhardt

Convert Binary to Hex

Have you tried function BIN2HEX?

"Chipmunk" wrote:

How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Chipmunk

Convert Binary to Hex

Yes. I can do it with 8 digits and some others but i need to convert a 12
digit binary number to hex. example: cell f11 has: 010101010101 what i
have is =bin2hex(F11) and it doesn work.

"Chipmunk" wrote:

How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Tom Ogilvy

Convert Binary to Hex

=BIN2HEX(LEFT(B4,8))&BIN2HEX(RIGHT(B4,4))

--
regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Chipmunk" wrote:

How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Chipmunk

Convert Binary to Hex

Wonderful that works great. Now the long pass.... Can we do it with a 32
bit binary number?

Thanks.

"Chipmunk" wrote:

How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Michel Pierron

Convert Binary to Hex

Hi Chipmunk,

Function BinToHex(Binary As String)
Dim Value&, i&, Base#: Base = 1
For i = Len(Binary) To 1 Step -1
Value = Value + IIf(Mid(Binary, i, 1) = "1", Base, 0)
Base = Base * 2
Next i
BinToHex = Hex(Value)
End Function

MP

"Chipmunk" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Chipmunk

Convert Binary to Hex

Thanks for the response. I opened up the vb editor and pasted in your code.
What do I need to put in the worksheet cell?

Thanks.

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Chipmunk,

Function BinToHex(Binary As String)
Dim Value&, i&, Base#: Base = 1
For i = Len(Binary) To 1 Step -1
Value = Value + IIf(Mid(Binary, i, 1) = "1", Base, 0)
Base = Base * 2
Next i
BinToHex = Hex(Value)
End Function

MP

"Chipmunk" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Michel Pierron

Convert Binary to Hex

Hi Chipmunk,
This code must be in a standard module.
In worksheet cell:
=
In ComboBox Functions: select Other functions
In ComboBox Categories: Select Personalized
In ListBox Functions: Select BinToHex

Regards,

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Chipmunk,

Function BinToHex(Binary As String)
Dim Value&, i&, Base#: Base = 1
For i = Len(Binary) To 1 Step -1
Value = Value + IIf(Mid(Binary, i, 1) = "1", Base, 0)
Base = Base * 2
Next i
BinToHex = Hex(Value)
End Function

MP

"Chipmunk" a écrit dans le message
de
How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Chipmunk

Convert Binary to Hex

Michel,
I sincerly appreciate all your help. But....I'm must be green here. I'm
not getting what your saying to do 100 percent. Can explain so that I might
better understand.

Thanks,
Benny

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Chipmunk,

Function BinToHex(Binary As String)
Dim Value&, i&, Base#: Base = 1
For i = Len(Binary) To 1 Step -1
Value = Value + IIf(Mid(Binary, i, 1) = "1", Base, 0)
Base = Base * 2
Next i
BinToHex = Hex(Value)
End Function

MP

"Chipmunk" a écrit dans le message
de
How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?

Michel Pierron

Convert Binary to Hex

Re Chipmunk,
(It is a French version of Excel but the principle is identical for an
English version.)
http://cjoint.com/?iynVtXkpOp

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Chipmunk,

Function BinToHex(Binary As String)
Dim Value&, i&, Base#: Base = 1
For i = Len(Binary) To 1 Step -1
Value = Value + IIf(Mid(Binary, i, 1) = "1", Base, 0)
Base = Base * 2
Next i
BinToHex = Hex(Value)
End Function

MP

"Chipmunk" a écrit dans le
message
de
How to I convert a 32 bit binary number to hex?