-   -   vbOKCancel box to close (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370976-vbokcancel-box-close.html)

[email protected]

vbOKCancel box to close

Hi,

I've put in a vbOKCancel box into my macro and all I want it to do is:

If you select Ok continue with the macro if you select Cancel I want
the macro to finsh, so I have put:

MsgBox strName & " - Is The Latest File - " & varDate, vbOKCancel

If answer = vbCancel Then
Exit Sub
Else
Call OpenMost
End If

However when I step through the macro to see if its working when I
click Cancel it skips over the exit sub command and continues with the
rest of the macro. So at the moment it doesn't matter which button I
press the macro goes all the way through to the end.

Am I missing something simple? can anyone advise?

Many Thanks

Bob Phillips

vbOKCancel box to close

If MsgBox(strName & " - Is The Latest File - " & varDate, vbOKCancel) =
vbCancel Then
Exit Sub
End If

Call OpenMost

or

answer = MsgBox(strName & " - Is The Latest File - " & varDate, vbOKCancel)

If answer = vbCancel Then
Exit Sub
Else
Call OpenMost

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

I've put in a vbOKCancel box into my macro and all I want it to do is:

If you select Ok continue with the macro if you select Cancel I want
the macro to finsh, so I have put:

MsgBox strName & " - Is The Latest File - " & varDate, vbOKCancel

If answer = vbCancel Then
Exit Sub
Else
Call OpenMost
End If

However when I step through the macro to see if its working when I
click Cancel it skips over the exit sub command and continues with the
rest of the macro. So at the moment it doesn't matter which button I
press the macro goes all the way through to the end.

Am I missing something simple? can anyone advise?

Many Thanks

NickHK

vbOKCancel box to close

You need to check the return value from MsgBox()

If Msgbox (....) =vbOK Then
'Do your stuff
End

End Sub

[...]