-   -   How can I duplicate conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370829-how-can-i-duplicate-conditional-formatting.html)

Jeff

How can I duplicate conditional formatting

I have a spreadsheet for tracking items that have been issued. Within
the spreadsheet is a total and issued column. I would like to use
conditional formatting to change the font to red when the issued cell
is greater than the total cell. Is there a way to duplicate this
formatting for each item or row?

Les

How can I duplicate conditional formatting

You can use Edit|Paste Special from the menu bar and choose formatting.
This will paste regular and conditional formatting.
Unfortunately you cannot pick just one or the other.

--
Les Torchia-Wells

"Jeff" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet for tracking items that have been issued. Within
the spreadsheet is a total and issued column. I would like to use
conditional formatting to change the font to red when the issued cell
is greater than the total cell. Is there a way to duplicate this
formatting for each item or row?

John Fuller

How can I duplicate conditional formatting

I would suggest recording a macro while you set it up and then take a
look at that macro (If you just want me to do it for you..too bad =p).
You'll be able to use that code and loop through all of your
total/issued cells and set them using it.