-   -   Workbook close event (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370781-workbook-close-event.html)

kpriyac[_2_]

Workbook close event

Hi,

I need to add validation which sees if any of the cells in a column are
empty. If yes, then I need to show a message to the user.

I need to write this dynamically in VB.net depending on the number of
rows.
How do I do this?

KPC

--
kpriyac
kpriyac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37535

Otto Moehrbach

Workbook close event

Perhaps something like this: HTH Otto
With Sheets("TheShtName")
Set Rng = .Range("A1", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
End With
If Rng.Count Application.CountA(Rng) Then
MsgBox "Some empty cells."
Cancel = True

"kpriyac" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I need to add validation which sees if any of the cells in a column are
empty. If yes, then I need to show a message to the user.

I need to write this dynamically in VB.net depending on the number of
rows.
How do I do this?

KPC

--
kpriyac
kpriyac's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573077

kpriyac[_3_]

Workbook close event

what does the end do in the following statement -

Set Rng = .Range("A1", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

--
kpriya
kpriyac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3753
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57307

Dave Peterson

Workbook close event

It's like hitting the END key on the keyboard.

The code says to go to .range("a" & rows.count)
which is the same as
..range("a65536") (the bottom cell in column A)

So if you were doing it manually, you'd go to A65536, hit the End key and
finally the up arrow key (xlup in code).

It finds the last use cell in that column (A).