-   -   delimiter output has c arriage returns and commas but not consiste (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370452-delimiter-output-has-c-arriage-returns-commas-but-not-consiste.html)

Janis

delimiter output has c arriage returns and commas but not consiste

I have a cell with multiple program numbers in it. I have to parse the
program numbers for various functions like checking for duplicates and
sometimes removing one or two programs for a weekly report.

The problem is the output excel sheet from Access comes out with comma
delimiters for the program numbers sometimes and carriage returns. Every
program number is on a separate line in the cell so I guess the delimiter is
the carriage return and somehow the output also sometimes gets a comma from
somewhere.

ie
----
1234,
123245,
123
----
567
8910
1112
---
3489,
5689,

So since I have to loop through this cells to parse the data do I need to
have this delimiter problem fixed? I have trouble accessing the db since it
is another dept.

thanks,