-   -   Select Cells by Style (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370433-select-cells-style.html)

Werner Rohrmoser

Select Cells by Style

Hello,

I've nothing found in the Online Help and in the USENET related to this
topic.
Is there a standard command to select cells with the same style or do I
have
to code something similar to John Walkenbach's "select by format" tool.
When I change a style I'd like to know which cells are affected, before
I apply it.

TIA
Werner

Gary''s Student

Select Cells by Style

Hi Werner:

Try this:

Sub gsnu()
Dim r1, r2 As Range
For Each r1 In Selection
If r1.Style = "Normal" Then
If r2 Is Nothing Then
Set r2 = r1
Else
Set r2 = Union(r2, r1)
Next
If Not r2 Is Nothing Then
r2.Select

Select an area and run the macro. Substitute your style for "Normal"
--
Gary''s Student

"Werner Rohrmoser" wrote:

Hello,

I've nothing found in the Online Help and in the USENET related to this
topic.
Is there a standard command to select cells with the same style or do I
have
to code something similar to John Walkenbach's "select by format" tool.
When I change a style I'd like to know which cells are affected, before
I apply it.

TIA
Werner

Tom Ogilvy

Select Cells by Style

You know that

Dim r1, r2 As Range

is the same as

Dim r1 as Variant, r2 as Range

don't you.

Tom Ogilvy

"Werner Rohrmoser" wrote:

Hello,

I've nothing found in the Online Help and in the USENET related to this
topic.
Is there a standard command to select cells with the same style or do I
have
to code something similar to John Walkenbach's "select by format" tool.
When I change a style I'd like to know which cells are affected, before
I apply it.

TIA
Werner

Gary''s Student

Select Cells by Style

Thank you Tom.
--
Gary''s Student

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You know that

Dim r1, r2 As Range

is the same as

Dim r1 as Variant, r2 as Range

don't you.

Tom Ogilvy

"Werner Rohrmoser" wrote:

Hello,

I've nothing found in the Online Help and in the USENET related to this
topic.
Is there a standard command to select cells with the same style or do I
have
to code something similar to John Walkenbach's "select by format" tool.
When I change a style I'd like to know which cells are affected, before
I apply it.

TIA
Werner

Werner Rohrmoser

Select Cells by Style

Thanks for the replies,
there seems to be no standard command like
"Edit" = "GoTo" = "Special" = "Formulas".

So I'm going to use a procedure like described above
to detect the cells with a specific style.

Regards
Werner

Tom Ogilvy

Select Cells by Style

columns(3).specialcells(xlformulas).Select

would certainly do that - so not sure what you mean.

Tom Ogilvy