-   -   Macro Problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370214-macro-problems.html)

mastermind

Macro Problems

Okay I am having some trouble writng a code that takes a value from
Range("k3") and then searches a set Range("J10:J34,L10:L34") for the
first blank cell. When the first blank cell is determined the code
will need to initialize the cell with a name, and then move over
(right) one column and insert the value taken from Range("k3"). Does
anyone have any idea how this can be accomplished?

Norman Jones

Macro Problems

Hi Mastermind,

Try:

'=============
Public Sub Tester002()
Dim SH As Worksheet
Dim Rng As Range
Dim Rng2 As Range
Const sStr As String = "Your_Name" '<<==== CHANGE

Set SH = ActiveSheet '<<==== CHANGE
Set Rng = SH.Range("J10:J34, L10:L34")

On Error Resume Next
Set Rng2 = Rng.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
On Error GoTo 0

If Not Rng2 Is Nothing Then
With Rng2(1)
.Name = sStr
.Offset(0, 1).Value = SH.Range("K3").Value
End With
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"mastermind" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay I am having some trouble writng a code that takes a value from
Range("k3") and then searches a set Range("J10:J34,L10:L34") for the
first blank cell. When the first blank cell is determined the code
will need to initialize the cell with a name, and then move over
(right) one column and insert the value taken from Range("k3"). Does
anyone have any idea how this can be accomplished?

Robert

Macro Problems

Thank you on behalf of Mastermind
--