-   -   Application-Defined error for some users... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370151-application-defined-error-some-users.html)

sbowman

Application-Defined error for some users...

I get the following error for my users in DC but my users in Baltimore
can run my program with no problem:

1004: Application-defined or object-defined error

on line:

Windows("IT Consolidated Calendar Event Request.xls").Activate
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="Disney", DrawingObjects:=True,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True, AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
ActiveWorkbook.Save

It happens on the Activesheet.protect line. Unfortunately I can't
remote to PCs in our DC office and i REALLY don't want to have to go
down there next week!!

Thanks,
Shelley

Tom Ogilvy

Application-Defined error for some users...

My first guess would be that the users in DC are using xl2000 or earlier.
Excel 2000 doesn't support all those options.

xl2000 and earlier would be more like

"sbowman" wrote:

I get the following error for my users in DC but my users in Baltimore
can run my program with no problem:

1004: Application-defined or object-defined error

on line:

Windows("IT Consolidated Calendar Event Request.xls").Activate
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="Disney", DrawingObjects:=True,
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True, AllowUsingPivotTables:=True
ActiveWorkbook.Save

It happens on the Activesheet.protect line. Unfortunately I can't
remote to PCs in our DC office and i REALLY don't want to have to go
down there next week!!

Thanks,
Shelley

sbowman

Application-Defined error for some users...

Exactly the answer I needed...thanks!!!

Much Appreciated,
Shelley