-   -   Bar Cutting Optimization???? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/370073-bar-cutting-optimization.html)

sajferris[_2_]

Bar Cutting Optimization????

Hello, can anyone help me please? I am trying to create a worksheet fro
Excel that will allow me to optimize bar cutting lengths for example.
will have metal bars of a standard length and will need to cut variou
different lengths from this. Once i imput my smaller cut lengths an
quantities of each i want the worksheet to be able to work out how man
total bars i need to order of standard length and if possible identif
which smaller bits need to be cut ffom the bigger bits. It might seem
bit difficult to comprehend but anyone who has used a bar cuttin
optimizer will understand my query! If anyone has already set up such
worksheet i would be most grateful if they could either let me know ho
i can get it or how to create one. Thank

--
sajferri
sajferris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3732

Niek Otten

Bar Cutting Optimization????

Your post in other newsgroup has been answered yesterday. If that is not what you need, still stay in the same thread please.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel