Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web Query TexttoColumns

Hope someone can help me out with a problem I am trying to fix.

I have a web query that I would like to run every 15 minutes. It grabs
a comma delimited file from the web and then I want it to break it up
into different columns. For some reason if I click my macro button it
will work perfectly, but when I leave the file open and it updates on
its own it doesnt split the data up into the columns. It just lumps
everything into one column. Here is the code I have so far.

QueryQuote:
With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="URL;" &
qurl, Destination:=DataSheet.Range("E8"))
.Name = "Query"
.FieldNames = True
.PreserveFormatting = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshPeriod = 15
.TablesOnlyFromHTML = False
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=True
.SaveData = True
End With

Range("E8").CurrentRegion.TextToColumns
Destination:=Range("E8"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote,
ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=True, Space:=False,
other:=False

Could anyone help me out? Thanks!