-   -   importing entire workbooks (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/369584-importing-entire-workbooks.html)

fugazi48

importing entire workbooks

I am unable to find a tool to import an entire workbook file into a master
file. I assume that I will have to write a macro to Select All on the
worksheets in the source and somehow copy the worksheets and paste them into
the master.

I can easily write my own macro to move the tables from one file to the
master, but my charts will get messed up in the move. I was hoping to just
find a macro to move my chart tabs and data tabs in one big swoop. Any
suggestions? am I missing something obvious. worksheet consolodation doesn't
seem to apply.

I have 120 files that I need to squish into 5 or 8 master fills. Each file
has 4 worksheets, 2 data, 2 charts.

Thanks for the suggestions.

fugazi48

importing entire workbooks

I think I figure it out, I just need to loop this with each filename.

Sub mvall()
'
' mvall Macro
' Macro recorded 8/7/2006 by ggggg
'
'current = ActiveWorkbook.Name
Windows([current]).Activate
Worksheets.Select
Worksheets.Move Befo=Workbooks("masterc1.xls"). _
Sheets(2)
Charts.Select
Charts.Move Befo=Workbooks("masterc1.xls"). _
Sheets(2)

End Sub