-   -   Remove blue hyperlink line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/369404-remove-blue-hyperlink-line.html)

Otto Moehrbach

Remove blue hyperlink line

Excel XP & Win XP
I have a list of hundreds of hyperlinked cell entries. I want to remove the
hyperlinks by code.
When I manually scroll to one of these cells, right-click, and select Remove
Hyperlink, the hyperlink is gone. However, there remains a blue line at the
bottom of the cell that is not as long as the column is wide, so it's not a
border and it's not an underline.
My question: How do I remove that blue line, manually or by code?
Once I know how to do it manually I can record a macro and get the code.
Thanks for your time. Otto

Gary Keramidas

Remove blue hyperlink line

go to tools/autocorrect options and uncheck show autocorrect options buttons and
see if that's what you want

--

Gary

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel XP & Win XP
I have a list of hundreds of hyperlinked cell entries. I want to remove the
hyperlinks by code.
When I manually scroll to one of these cells, right-click, and select Remove
Hyperlink, the hyperlink is gone. However, there remains a blue line at the
bottom of the cell that is not as long as the column is wide, so it's not a
border and it's not an underline.
My question: How do I remove that blue line, manually or by code?
Once I know how to do it manually I can record a macro and get the code.
Thanks for your time. Otto

Otto Moehrbach

Remove blue hyperlink line

Gary
I appreciate the help but it didn't anything about the blue line.
Thanks anyway. Otto