-   -   excel colum in alphbetical order (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/369044-excel-colum-alphbetical-order.html)

excel questions

excel colum in alphbetical order

How do I set up an excel colum so it enters all the information in
alphbetical order?

Gord Dibben

excel colum in alphbetical order

You cannot format a column to sort.

You have to use event code in the sheet module.

Right-click on your sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste this code into that module.

Columns(1).Sort Key1:=Range("A1"), Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, _
MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
End Sub

As you enter data in column A it will sort.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP