-   -   Working with custom lists (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368844-working-custom-lists.html)

[email protected]

Working with custom lists

Hello,

I have two columns in my worksheet; the first contains text related to
high level categories and the second contains records associated to
these categories. My goal is to view only relevant records in column B
based on the category selected in column A.

For example:

Column A selections might include Aircraft, Automobiles and Bicycles.
When I choose Aircraft in column "A" I would then only be presented
with records relevant to aircraft. When I choose Automobiles in column
"A" I would then only be presented with records relevant to
automobiles, etc.

Thank you

mcg

Working with custom lists

napisal(a):
Hello,

I have two columns in my worksheet; the first contains text related to
high level categories and the second contains records associated to
these categories. My goal is to view only relevant records in column B
based on the category selected in column A.

For example:

Column A selections might include Aircraft, Automobiles and Bicycles.
When I choose Aircraft in column "A" I would then only be presented
with records relevant to aircraft. When I choose Automobiles in column
"A" I would then only be presented with records relevant to
automobiles, etc.

Thank you

i think u should look at
http://www.ozgrid.com/BookExamples/e...k-examples.htm
ch 2 - validation lists
mcg

Tom Ogilvy

Working with custom lists

You can look at Data=filter=autofilter if your data is laid out as a
database.

If you are talking about data validation dropdowns:

Dependent lists - data validation
as Debra Dalgleish's site

Tom Ogilvy