-   -   Is there a clean way of running a macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368836-there-clean-way-running-macro.html)

nbaj2k[_18_]

Is there a clean way of running a macro?

I just finally got my macro just the way I wanted, I could not have done
it without a lot of help from this forum, thank you very much.

Right now I have many processes going when the macro runs, sometimes it
handles a lot of data so it can take awhile. I was just wondering if
there is a cleaner way of running it, maybe having it minimize and a
window coming up saying please wait or something so that you do not
really have to see all of the steps that are going on in the
background.

If anyone has any tips that would be great.

Thanks again!

~J

--
nbaj2k
nbaj2k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36480

Michael

Is there a clean way of running a macro?

Type this at the beginning of your macro:
Application.ScreenUpdating = false

and this at the end

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Msgbox("Macro completed successfully")

"nbaj2k" wrote:

I just finally got my macro just the way I wanted, I could not have done
it without a lot of help from this forum, thank you very much.

Right now I have many processes going when the macro runs, sometimes it
handles a lot of data so it can take awhile. I was just wondering if
there is a cleaner way of running it, maybe having it minimize and a
window coming up saying please wait or something so that you do not
really have to see all of the steps that are going on in the
background.

If anyone has any tips that would be great.

Thanks again!

~J

--
nbaj2k
nbaj2k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36480
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566609

nbaj2k[_19_]

Is there a clean way of running a macro?

perfect, just what I was looking for, thanks!

~

--
nbaj2
nbaj2k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3648