-   -   Self editing code..? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368650-self-editing-code.html)

Arne Hegefors

Self editing code..?

Hello! I am writing a macro that lets the user construct reports. For example
the user shall be able to change default settings for e.g. charts and other
things. Is it possible to write code so that the macro can read e.g. inputs
in a text field and then somehow change code accordingly?

Tom Ogilvy

Self editing code..?

It would be better to uses variable values to control your code, but you can
write code with code

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

Don't try to modify the same code that is running.

Tom Ogilvy