-   -   remove comand button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368608-remove-comand-button.html)

Todd

remove comand button

I put a command button on my spreadsheet and now I can't remove it. I was
trying to change its name and did something incorrect. Now I can't do
anything with it. How do I remove it and start over?

I am trying to have a button toggle between two print views on the
spreadsheet.

Thank you,

Todd

Die_Another_Day

remove comand button

Sounds like you are not in design mode. Try clicking the "Design Mode"
Button on the Control Toolbox Toolbar.

Die_Another_Day
Todd wrote:
I put a command button on my spreadsheet and now I can't remove it. I was
trying to change its name and did something incorrect. Now I can't do
anything with it. How do I remove it and start over?

I am trying to have a button toggle between two print views on the
spreadsheet.

Thank you,

Todd

Jim Thomlinson

remove comand button

There are two types of command buttons that you may have added. The first is
from the forms toolbar. When you add one of these buttons it will immediately
ask you to associate a macro with the button. To remove one of these buttons,
right click the button and select Cut (don't past it anywhere).

The other type of button comes from the controls toolbox. To remove one of
these add the Controls toolbox toolbar to Excel
(Tools-Customize-Toolbars-Control Toolbox). The first icon on this toolbar
looks like a triangle. click that button (to place the spreadsheet in design
view) and now right click the button and select Cut (once again don't paste
it anywhere).
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson