-   -   renaming textbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/368555-renaming-textbox.html)

Brian in London

renaming textbox

If I have a change the name of a textbox and do search and replace on
TextBoxName_Event and TextBoxName.Value, VBA gets confused. Somehow search
and replace does not completely convert the project to new names because of
some hidden aspects of VBA. Surely other people have found a solution to
this problem.

Insights would be appreciated.

Regards,
Brian
--
Brian

SIR Knight

renaming textbox

Is the textbox on a Form?

If so check the name of the textbox in the design page, you should find
that this is unaltered by your 'Find and Replace'

Steve

SIR Knight

renaming textbox

Is the textbox on a Form?

If so check the name of the textbox in the design page, you should find
that this is unaltered by your 'Find and Replace'

Steve

Brian in London

renaming textbox

Yes, the textbox is on a UserForm. By design page, I think you mean the drag
and drop window that is used to create UserForms.

Of course I changed the name in the Properties window (which usually appears
when I am using drag and drop for UserForms). I don't know what else to
change other than the name of the textbox and then do the search and replace.

Brian

--
Brian

"SIR Knight" wrote:

Is the textbox on a Form?

If so check the name of the textbox in the design page, you should find
that this is unaltered by your 'Find and Replace'

Steve

SIR Knight

renaming textbox

Brian,

I have tried to replicate your scenario, and found that when I use
'Find and Replace' having first changed the name in the properties
window, all still works. Can you be more specific about the error you
are getting?

Steve